Saturday, September 1, 2007

Time to begin operation weight loss...sshhhhhSSSSS!


I have just passed that stage when I can sell excuses to myself about my extra pounds.

Frankly, it is not funny.

I cannot see how I allowed almost 15 to 20 kilograms of extra weight to pile up over three to four years and allowed it to go on for years.

Its a long story, but to cut things short- here's the order.

38 summers ago, I was born a thin baby. I even grew up as a thin person, almost 35 kilos at age 17-18 and ashamed of the thinness. I had all the right contours yet, felt that there should have been more meat on my bony frame.

At the swimming pool and at the gym where I went rarer than I hit the sports field (my favorite being Handball and athletics), I was always complimented on my tight and lean body.

Then disaster struck.

I got married. And eventually was expecting. Unfortunately, miscarried but retained the weight. Then after a year and a half had my first child, a girl, by cesarean section surgery!

HELP!

Disaster had just begun.

I gained more pounds and with no help, had little time or energy reserves to go out and exercise.

Had another child, a son this time, and was totally in in-laws' hands who thought- Gym and a daughter-in-law are like chalk and cheese- the twain should not meet.

So now I weigh 71 kilos from the 54 or so I must have been at marriage time.

But I am going to let you on to a secret.

I have started going to the gym on the sly. With my babies aged 10 and 7 yrs conspiring with me, I have told only my husband...and have started sneaking out of home each day, to slog away the pounds at the gym- from yesterday.

I shall write more tomorrow, to let you know what happened on day one and two. But as for now, just pray I stick on our campaign- havtaloseweight.

Cheers.

KP

No comments: