Friday, September 7, 2007

Taking stock. Sunday September 2-7 (Friday)- 2007.



I must let you guys on to a secret.

1. I do not seem to have lost any weight in the last seven days.

2. I have missed over half my sessions.

How? Sunday was a holiday so 2nd of September was a waste. On Monday, the trainer just did not turn up and later on I learn that he had quit as the gym was shutting down (or so he thought), anyway. So it is goodbye Dharam bhaiyya!

But I did not know all this and when the gym was locked I went to the nearby park which is equipped with a cemented walkway for walkers/joggers. I did 4 rounds of the huge park, so maybe it was 4 to 5 kilometers.
But this was no fun.

Tuesday was Krishna Janmashtami and my daughter wanted to join me. She had tutions and insisted that either I allow her to skip her tuitions to go to the gym or I wait up and then the two of us go to workout at the gym together!

So no appearance at the gym. Later I learned that it had not opened anyway. Wednesday was a waste too as I had an interview with a publishing house in Delhi. The entire day spent in the commute and event, I miss the gym.

So when Thursday 6th September dawned, I was determined to start the sessions again.
So I go to the gym and discover that they are shifting the remaining machines(after many were sold off,to a part of the previous area.A ladies' tailor has rented out the place and only one instructor remains.

There are a few women working out. They are all upset. The instructor now on duty promises to run the place.

So I work on the walker, the cycle, twister, chest push, dumbbells and an inclined plane. I do all barely for 8-10 minutes each.

Now I want to know if I have lost any weight at all. The instructor manipulates the weighing scales a lot till he is satisfied that the zero is on the correct place. Satisfied, he instructs me to stand on it.

I wonder out aloud as to why the previous instructor had not checked the accuracy of the scales, the last time AI weighed myself.

73 kilograms!

I want to cry. But do not. The instructor sees my shocked expression and asks, "How much was it the last time you weighed yourself?"

71 kilos, I tell him.

He tries to soothe my nerves by saying, "There must have been an error. Not set properly, it showed two kilos extra. Now you know what it is the correct weight!

Damn, damn! All my efforts(?) down the drain?

Any doctor on board? Please tell me which is the correct way? Where am I wrong, if at all?

No comments: